Thursday, March 10, 2011

Atlanta was just peachy!

Hi all ~

Sal and I are back from a fun visit to Atlanta! Actually, we got back to FL over the weekend, but spent some time visiting with our families this week (since it's FAU's Spring Break!) before heading home. My Mom & I got to spend some time fabric shopping together (she sews & quilts wonderfully)!


I was so glad that Sal and I could travel to Atlanta together ... while he was presenting his incredible research at prestigious Emory University, I spent time with my friend Susan (yep, a pair of scrapbooking Susans!). She invited me up to Atlanta to attend classes by scrapbooking designer Teresa Collins and they were so fab! Each one was a mini-album, packed with her just-released collections ... they are stunning! Had a blast! :-) Here are some glimpses of the fun:

Teresa is all about bling (and you know that I am too!), and our project kits were chock full of her chic line of new "blingage" (love that name!). Even her stapler is blinged-out!

Several of my pals from past Creative Escape events were there too! It was great that Sal finally got to meet them, since he doesn't go to Arizona with me when I attend CE.....from left, Lisa, Sandra, Teresa (teacher), Cheryl, Susan & me:

After landing in ATL and before heading to our lovely hotel (the Wingate), the first thing Sal and I did was take a tour of CNN's world headquarters in downtown Atlanta. I love, love current events, so it was cool to see "behind-the-scenes" of news coverage, and to watch live TV in progress. It's a big, busy place with lots going on! TV monitors were hung everywhere in the building, even the food court, and were tuned to --- what else? --- CNN.

Sal and I had fun being a CNN "news anchor team", complete with mock "copy" to read:

And before our classes got underway, Susan took me to the famous Georgia Aquarium, the largest aquarium in the world with 8 million gallons of water! I especially loved learning more about their research, rehabilitation, and conservation efforts on behalf of animals.
(That's my Anna Griffin tote ... Anna's a southern girl from Atlanta and I love her sb'ing designs, so I just had to use HER bag while in Atlanta! (it was a perfect all-in-one: purse / airplane carry-on / scrapbook supply tote)

Susan and I also did our part to stimulate the Atlanta economy (LOL) by browsing sb stores that I don't have at home ... always fun! Archiver's, Hobby Lobby, and her local store, EMI Scrapbooking.

Susan ~ you were a terrific & gracious host and I had such a fun time with you, thanks again for your hospitality !! :-)

And what would a trip to Atlanta be without some Georgia peaches for breakfast, right? Yum!


Enjoy the weekend,

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awesome pics Susan! Glad you had a great time...It looked like so much fun! And it was nice seeing Susan/Atl. :)
Looks like some great classes! and the acquarium...omg! so beautiful...
glad you and Sal had some fun at CNN!
teri