Friday, July 23, 2010

the joys of summer

Whew, I've had a busy week! But I also spent some time in one of my fave places ... my pool !! It's both relaxing and invigorating at the same time. To me, nothing says "summer" more than floating around in sparkling blue warm water under the bright sun while sipping on a grape slush from Sonic, LOL. (btw ~ did you know that Sonic has drinks (including slushes) at half-price every day from 2:00-4:00 pm?)

(I took this photo myself, using my iPhone, so the angle's a little weird!)

I had to be sure to get some pool time in before this weekend because we're now dealing with the effects of Tropical Storm Bonnie. Thankfully, so far, we're having just blustery weather, nothing extreme.

Hope you'll be savoring some joys of summer over the weekend.... enjoy! :-)




1 comment:

Momofboys said...

ahhhh nothing like a relaxing swim in your own pool...we're hoping to one day have a big pool for the boys to splash around in! nice self portrait and speaking of iPhones i am now an iPhone owner too....nice bday present from my hubby....loving it!! enjoy the rest of summer (well your summer is a bit longer than ours =( and hoping this tropical storm does little to dampen your weekend!!