Monday, September 30, 2013

pre-IU fun!

Hey there... I've been back from Inspiration Unlimited (IU) for a week and was so swamped with Aruba's care, catching-up at the lab, car to the body shop after someone scraped-up our bumper in a parking lot (ugh!), etc.... I still haven't finished unpacking (!!), and am just now blogging.

IU was a blast!  It was my 2nd time attending this scrapbooking retreat (in Henderson, Nevada)... and after such a sad summer, I was so ready for fun & friends!  I arrived early to enjoy some down time + recover from the jet lag; it hits me hard!  I was immediately missing Sal & Aruba, but loved how FaceTime kept us connected.

The event is held at the Green Valley Ranch Resort, and I spent a day at their lovely spa.... that jet lag didn't stand a chance against pampering treatments like a brown sugar + vanilla body scrub and a hot stone massage!  


Some time in the steam room & lounging in a poolside cabana under a sun-drenched blue sky perfected the day.  B-L-I-S-S.


I emerged a new woman!  For me, the spa is like pushing life's 'reset' button. Total rejuvenation!

Enjoyed a fun dinner that night at PF Chang's with Lisa & Sandra:

The next day, "pre-IU" festivities began.  A day full of fun optional classes, and I took 2 of them, both by Bazzill.  Had a great time and made an interactive album with Kelli Collins, and layouts with Joey Otlo.  Both are lovely ladies, so sweet & fun!





Also finally met in person Anelsie from Puerto Rico... we had chatted on the IU Facebook group... {waving hello Anelsie!}

I again enjoyed dinner out with Lisa & Sandra, complete with a yummy (virgin) mango-raspberry swirl drink.  And, being scrapbookers, we of course photographed it all !!

Later that evening, IU hosted a 'meet & greet' with the event teachers, plus opened the on-site store... always an exciting moment for the 300 product-hoarding scrapbookers attending!  Of course, I wore my ever-popular special shopping T-shirt... it always gets lots of laughs! :-)

I was caught stalking Thickers & ribbon!

Met up in the 'store' with sweet friends (and fellow Dog Moms) Shannon & Michelle... we shared a group hug.  (Shortly after I lost my precious Buddy, Shannon lost her precious Sassy... shared sadness.)


The next morning, bright & early, IU officially began... I'll be back soon with deets & pics of all the fun!  Thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

Momofboys said...

Looked like a beautiful place and looks like you had a wonderful and relaxing time!

Unknown said...

I'm so glad we got to hang out together this year! Big hugs!

Anelsie Ramos said...

We had so much fun at IU! It was so wonderful to meet you, Susan! You are so sweet! See you next year! Hugs!

esusan94 said...

My fave is seeing the spa and hearing you enjoyed a vanilla scrub. Ahhhhh nice. I also like the little strawberry quart holder with mason jar tag. Cute.