Wednesday, April 2, 2008

fun in the sun

What??? No blogging for a week?!?!? Where have I been?!?!? Part of that time, Sal and I were in Orlando enjoying a getaway, Florida resident style. On Saturday, I attended the Scrapbook Expo all day.....what a fun time shopping and browsing around through all the vendor booths! And I took a terrific class where we combined canvas art and scrapbooking into a beautiful tabletop display. I didn't quite finish it in the hour-long class, but I'll post a photo of it when I'm done. Sal liked it so much that he asked if he could display it in his office! {thrilling for me}

On Sunday, Sal and I went to Aquatica, which is the new waterpark that Sea World just opened in mid-March. It was awesome, we felt like kids. We went from slide to slide and laughed and played in the water. Even I braved all of the rides except the one where you go down a steep slide laying on your stomach on a raft. No way! (Sal did it though) The park's signature ride is the Dolphin Plunge, where you slide through clear tubes so that, theoretically, you can see the gorgeous black-and-white Commerson's dolphins (in photo border below) that are swimming around the tubes as you zoom past them. Of course, you're going way too fast to see anything, but it's a neat concept. The park was landscaped with beautiful tropical flowers and trees, I loved it, and we were thankful for sunny weather (there was a 40% chance of rain, so it was a roll of the dice). Here we are as we entered the park (that's why we're still dry in the photo!):

1 comment:

daysease said...

ooh!!! looks like a beautiful day for lots of fun!!!