Wednesday, June 10, 2009

engineers rock!

My faithful blog readers can attest that I often post about great advertising. I love it, and consider it an art form.

My new fave is one of Intel's current TV ads that elevates one of their engineers to "rock star" status. He is Ajay Bhatt, co-inventor of the USB (no small feat ... and where would we be without it?). The spot is so clever, but that's not the only reason I love it ... as an engineer, I know firsthand the years of grueling training, hard work, and long hours that a technical career demands. Sadly, the reward and recognition rarely equal the effort. It's so great to see a "geek" idolized!

If you haven't seen it yet, it's worth 30 seconds of your time:

2 comments:

Momofboys said...

thanks for posting that...i caught the tail end of it the other day so it was nice to see the whole thing!!

YouScrapbook said...

That was good! As a geek myself (a former programmer), I can appreciate a little attention. LOL
DebD