Tuesday, May 4, 2010

"Hello, I'm Susan, with the Census Bureau"

Whew, I've been non-stop busy!


I spent all of last week in intensive Census training sessions. So now it's official, I was sworn in as a Census Enumerator! I began my work on Sunday. It's going well, so far so good! It's already hot here in SoFla ... 87 degrees most days, with a "feels like" temp of 93! ... so I'll admit that that's part of the challenge of the job, but it's all worth it to have $$$ for Buddy's continued cancer care. I just slather on the sunscreen, bring cold water, and wear cool & comfy shoes. I love Florida, so it's all good! And so far, I'm finding residents to be pleasant, courteous, and cooperative. Hope that continues!

I took Saturday off to enjoy a full day of fun to celebrate National Scrapbooking Day at Cherry Blossom Studio. There were 40 of us, the event sold out!



If I look tired, I was! And of course, I wore my favorite scrapbooking shirt, which always gets tons of laughs! ("My husband lets me buy all the scrapbooking supplies I can HIDE")

I had a blast ... met some great gals {waving hello to my new friend Suzanne!} and got some scrapbook pages done (here are a few ... and, as usual, I haven't added photos to them yet):
Actually, this page does have a photo because the store took group photos of the gals at our tables, and printed them for us as a NSD keepsake. I just happened to be making a "bliss" themed page, and the photo seemed a perfect fit to remember our spa/scrapping day!

We also ate yummy junk food all day ... ok, I tried to be good and eat some fruit too, but only because I love pineapple! The food kept coming all day long, including a delicious lunch and dinner. The store's NSD festivities revolved around a "spa" theme, in keeping with the day of relaxation. They teamed-up with a local spa to provide us each a 15-minute spa mini-treatment. I opted for the shoulder/neck/scalp massage, which was heavenly after a long week! The spa gave us $25 giftcards toward a future visit, so I'll definitely have to look into that, lol.

More later,

1 comment:

Momofboys said...

congrats on the new census job and i hope it continues to go well...and wow on the cool scrapping day with courtesy spa treatments...ahhhh that sounds so nice right now!!