Friday, February 15, 2008

I've discovered SONIC

When I was a kid, there was a drink stand that I'd pass on my way home from school. I loved their grape slushes {yum} and would routinely ask Mom for 65 cents so that I could get one for the often toasty walk home in the Florida sun. I haven't had a grape slush in years.....until I discovered SONIC the other day. I saw their TV ad and decided to see if, by chance, they had a location near me (they have an online SONIC locator). Sure enough, there's one in Boynton Beach, just north of Delray Beach, in the vicinity of where I happen to run lots of errands. So, now and then, I pull up to one of their drive-in spaces and a server whisks over to me, on roller skates, with my grape slush {by the way, their drinks are 1/2 price between 2:00 and 4:00 PM.....good news since slushes aren't $0.65 anymore !}. SONIC's slushes are not quite as good as I remember getting on my way home from school, but they're close. With every sip, I'm a kid again.

1 comment:

Momofboys said...

Sounds like you're reliving a wonderful childhood memory:) We have a friend up here that looks for land to develop Sonics and he owns one of them. There are none close to us but hopefully we'll get to try out their slushies one of these days....enjoy!