Monday, September 8, 2008

back home again

Ah, it's good to be home. My plane (and my luggage!) landed in Fort Lauderdale just before midnight Sunday. As much as I like to travel, and as much as I loved attending Creative Escape, I love coming home. To Sal. To Buddy. To Aruba. To my own bed. To an Internet connection that doesn't cost $13 a day. And to my fave Florida orange juice with lots of pulp. Sal and the dogs were so glad to see me, which made it such a sweet homecoming. Aruba even kissed me 4 times (and she's not a kisser!) Sal told me "...it's good to have you home...". Awww.....


But before I left Arizona on Sunday morning, I had one more bit of fun planned. I joined a group of about 25 gals from CE for an early morning horseback ride. The Native American guides at the Koli Equestrian Center, which is on the resort property, led us on a 1.5-mile trail ride through the desert. We meandered through dessicated soil and sparse vegetation. It was peaceful, and a lovely way to wrap up my trip. My horse was so sweet and gentle, but so LARGE! She was a beautiful dark brown, almost black. And her name was Oprah, HUH??? It's not everyday that I hear myself saying "giddyup, Oprah". And since I'm a novice rider (this is only my third time on a horse), I opted to wear one of their helmets (hence my dorky look).

I couldn't help hugging her!

CE bliss is still with me. I can't quite bring myself to remove the cute countdown clock from my blog's sidebar. I've already marked my calendar for the lottery sign-up in February and the day that they'll begin randomly drawing names in March. And penciled in the 09 event in late August.

To all the great gals I met at CE and to all the new friends I made (too many to mention!), it was a pleasure and let's stay in touch! Hope you all had a smooth trip back home. A special shout-out to Kyoko --- I will definitely let you know whenever Sal and I plan to come to Japan, and we can get together. And I'd love to go to a scrapbook store in Tokyo with you! Call me crazy.

Now we can all look forward to when the boxes we shipped home arrive on our doorstep. Yes, for most of us, it's box(es), plural. Wee!

Gotta unpack. It typically takes me at least 3 weeks. I don't like to do it.

Enjoy the week ahead.....

1 comment:

Momofboys said...

well susan, looks like you enjoyed every minute of that creative escape!! i'm glad you had the chance to go and i'm glad you made it home safe and sound to your hubby and dogs...i'm sure you missed them as much as they missed you!