Wednesday, November 26, 2008

more moose love

I woke up thinking about Alaska this morning. Could be because I saw an amazing moose story and pics on the Internet yesterday. I miss seeing moose roaming around. It was such a "wow" for me when we were there this summer (see my June 29 post for more on our unforgettable moose encounter).


Anyway, back to the story. A woman in Michigan's Upper Peninsula captured these images of a newborn moose calf (~ 12 hours old). Mommy moose apparently decided that she wanted to give birth in someone's front yard in downtown Naubinway, Michigan!


OK, say it with me now.....awwwwww!

And since today is Thanksgiving Eve, I wish everyone a holiday filled with warmth and happy times. Safe travels to you if you're hitting the road, rails, or sky.


I'll catch you back here sometime during the weekend.

1 comment:

Momofboys said...

AWWWWW...so sweet! It's nice to see new life being born. And how awesome for those people that it was right on their front lawn! I hope you had a wonderful day of "Thanks". We had a wonderful time with family..we have so much to be thankful for!