Monday, March 2, 2009

a new month...

Hey everyone and happy March! Did you know that this is National Craft Month and National Women's History Month? Two things that are so important to me ... scrapbooking and women's issues.

To celebrate NWHM, I have a little women's history lesson to share ... here are some wonderful items that you may not have known were invented by women, but that have no doubt improved your life (or maybe even saved it!): contact lenses, Liquid Paper, the dishwasher, Scotchgard, Kevlar (the polymer that's inside bullet-proof vests), windshield wipers. And I'm SURE there are many more...

Ah, it's a new month, feels like a fresh start doesn't it? I have some good stuff on my March calendar ... Sal and I will be going to a really unique musical performance next week, stay tuned for details on that. And I'll be attending my much-anticipated travel photography seminar in a couple of weeks. And the lottery drawing for Creative Escape 2009 begins that same day! ... I've put my name in the hat, but I'm still crunching my budget numbers. And then we're off to Utah later in the month!

On Saturday I attended the anniversary party of one of my local scrapbook stores, Everything Scrapbook in Lake Worth, FL. It was a fun time ... product demonstrations, mini-projects, prizes, special sales, yummy snacks, and of course some shopping!

After the party, I went to one of my fave stores, Pier 1 Imports. I love to decorate, but haven't been there in a while because of the, ya know, economy. Too many temptations! Anyway, since I'm a "Platinum Customer" (Sal - don't trouble yourself wondering how I earned that status! *tee hee*), they sent me a giftcard, so I figured it was "safe" to go. It was a treat to be back there, I love the colors, textures, scents in the store. I almost feel like I'm in a market or bazaar in an exotic locale. So what did I get? A gorgeous glass candle holder (it's technically a "hurricane", but us Floridians have an aversion toward that word!).

Have a great week (and month) ahead,

1 comment:

Momofboys said...

Looks like you have a busy March!! And thanks for the tidbits of info about what women have invented....thank God for contact lenses!!! I see you have moved on since the closing of that other scrapbooking store....hee hee...always other stores willing to take that business!! can't wait to hear of your photography and Utah excursions!!