Tuesday, March 5, 2013

up in the clouds

Today was a big adventure!

We zip-lined thru the Monteverde Cloud Forest in Costa Rica! Wow, it was great fun... but... it wasn't easy for me. I apparently looked so terrified on the first platform that one of the guides insisted on zipping with me (tandem). It was a good thing.... besides getting to zip with a good-looking Costa Rican fellow (ha!), I would've been distracted with fear, and you really need to have your wits about you as you dangle in a harness in midair from a platform before flying above the rainforest and thru the clouds as high as 1,000 feet above the ground. On a wire (ok, a steel cable). At 30-40 miles/hour. And for distances of up to 1/2 mile. Then braking so that the tree at the next platform doesn't do it for you. So, I'm proud of myself!

Sal had no problems... just got right into it, and loved all 13 ziplines!

Great memories today!

Some glimpses:









2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh My! you are brave! LOL....I have so much to catch up on here! looks like heaven where you are!
have a great time...Teri

Momofboys said...

Looks like a very adventurous time!!! I'm sure you are glad you took the leap!!