Friday, December 5, 2008

...tis the season...

Are you getting into the holiday spirit yet? I have been, all this week.

I've got my Christmas cards going out (almost done!), and I really enjoy writing them up. Despite my love of the Internet and e-mail, I still love sending cards by old-fashioned snail mail. If one of my cards arrives in your mailbox, you'll notice that I had some fun blinging them up this year with Stickles. You'll have to let me know what you think! Scrapbooking supplies + plain-jane cards = pretty stuff !!!

I've also been enjoying another holiday tradition...Tim Holtz, scrapbook artist and product designer extraordinaire, is doing his 12 Tags of Christmas project again this year. Every day, he teaches new techniques using his fabulous products, all in full color and step-by-step on his blog. He's already on Day 5 (Day 2's tag is pictured above). He's giving away fun prizes too! If you're a crafter of any kind, check it out, you'll love it!

Another holiday tradition that I think rocks is Trees For Troops. I first heard about this program last year.....you can either donate cash or choose a live Christmas tree to be delivered (courtesy of FedEx) to a soldier and his/her family that is stationed....wherever! In 2007, nearly 17,000 trees were delivered to troops in 15 different countries. This weekend (Dec 5 - 7), you can go to a participating tree lot or farm to choose a tree to be donated to a military family. You can also send a holiday message to our troops.

I'll catch you back here over the weekend.

No comments: