Sunday, December 21, 2008

the weekend before the holidays

Wow, the holidays will really swing into full gear this week.

Calling all procrastinators: just 3 shopping days left until Christmas, get going!

And to my friends who are celebrating Hanukkah starting tonight, best wishes to you.

I spent part of the weekend doing Christmas-y stuff.....wrapping gifts, last-minute shopping, etc. And I look forward to our annual tradition tonight. Sal and I and Buddy and Aruba all hop in the car and go cruising around looking at Christmas lights. We roll down the windows listening for carolers and play fun Christmas music CDs. And the dogs just love the excitement of it all!

My fave holiday tunes are by Mannheim Steamroller (love their modern and funky sound) and a collection of songs that I grew up with, John Denver & The Muppets: A Christmas Together (you can listen to samples at that link, too!). It's such a fun and witty CD, and it's not just for kids; if you like John and/or the Muppets, then RUN don't walk to buy it (be sure to get the full version, with all 13 tracks, not the edited one which only has 10 of the songs). It's a HOOT! I had a big crush on John when I was a teen, he was a cutie --- and a treehugger! If you're familiar with his music, you'll know why I wished that I was Annie. {wink!}

Have a fun and festive week.....

No comments: