Tuesday, January 15, 2008

newsprint bins




I'm in the process of organizing my scrapbook studio, although Sal would argue that [insert chuckle here], and with good timing saw the coolest storage item featured on The Today Show....newsprint bins!.....from The Container Store. I love stuff like this! Talk about the ultimate in recycling, they're made from woven, recycled newspaper.

As a follow-up to my earlier post about canvas grocery bags (Jan 13), a recent Associated Press article said that China will soon ban free plastic grocery bags. Like much of Europe, they'll begin charging customers extra for them to discourage their use. When Sal and I went to a grocery in Ireland last summer, we found that they do indeed charge a fee if you want a plastic bag. The USA is catching on to the fact that we can't keep burning or burying plastic bags forever.

No comments: