Wednesday, September 23, 2009

an update ...

Hi everyone and thanks so much for your thoughts and kind words about our recent trauma.

Buddy has been resting comfortably, and his ability to walk has improved a lot. So thankful for that! Yesterday, the radiologist didn't have any major concerns, but said that we need to watch for any signs that Buddy's abdominal cavity may have been punctured. But, the vet didn't seem to think that that had happened. {thankful again}

We're monitoring the bite wound carefully for signs of infection, and consulting with his vets often. One vet recommended that I put warm compresses on it, and he really seems to enjoy that. I'm sure it's soothing.

I'm still reeling from the shock of it all, it took a while for my hysteria to wear off. And I'm trying to stop replaying it all in my mind. I'm a bit sore, either from landing on the pavement or from the dog pouncing on me (or both?), but other than that I'm OK.

As traumatic as this was, it could have been much worse...

Thanks again for your concern, it's so appreciated,

2 comments:

78968400mom said...

thank goodness. told max and fenway last night-they were so not happy-think they were willing to take that mean dog on!. it was crazy to tell them the story and have them look at me, like they so knew who and what i was talking about. i so love my "babies." rock on buddy-hugs to aruba!

Shannon said...

Go BUDDY!!!!! So glad to hear that he is doing better....keep up the good work. I hope your soreness wears off as well as you replaying the whole trauma....

Hugs to all