Monday, March 8, 2010

today is International Women's Day

Around the world today, International Women's Day is being celebrated. It's a day to recognize not only all of the amazing achievements of women, but also the (often painful) struggles -- past & present -- of women to attain freedom, equality, & a life without violence, objectification, and oppression. The 2010 theme is "Equal rights, equal opportunities: Progress for all". Happy IWD!


And, speaking of things "international", I recently did some "Google Analytics" on my blog. It's a program that analyzes a website and reveals the general geographic locations of its visitors. I was amazed to see that my blog has been visited by readers in 63 countries! WOW !!! When I saw the map, I was absolutely STUNNED! To you all I say "welcome" and thank you!

Enjoy the week ahead,

No comments: