Friday, August 22, 2008

oh, deer!

We had another "phabulous Philly" day on Thursday! Today we drove west out of the city to visit Valley Forge National Historical Park, and we're so glad that we went! It's not the most exciting place, but it's serene, beautiful and historic. Unfortunately, we didn't have much time, but we managed to finish the driving tour through the park. And, as a bonus, we saw several deer there! EEEEK! Right in the middle of the day too, I was surprised, they're typically out at dusk. And I got close-up, I was able to walk within only about 10 feet of them.....they just kept munching on the grass, undisturbed by my presence. They're such delicate creatures!

Afterwards, we met Maria, Jim, Paul, Ruth & our niece Gina at the movies. Ruth, Maria & I saw Momma Mia! and loved it (I had already seen it, but it was even more fun the second time around). On the way to and from the theater, Maria & I blasted an ABBA cd in the car, laughing like teenagers. Thanks for bringing it, Maria, that was perfect! Paul, Jim, Sal & Gina saw Star Wars: The Clone Wars. But I'm sure it wasn't as much fun as Momma Mia! {wink}

Fun's over.....we're heading home.....back to Florida on Friday. Can't wait to see my pups though!

Thanks again to everyone in Philadelphia for your hospitality and for such a fun visit. We had a terrific week! We'll be back again sometime soon! Til then.....take care, stay in touch.

Time for bed.

No comments: