Friday, October 10, 2008

brewing up some votes

So how do you take your coffee? Black? or Red? or Blue? That depends how you'll be voting. 7-Eleven has a fun way to "vote" for your candidate of choice in their "7-Election" promotion. When you stop in for coffee, choose either an Obama or a McCain cup, and your "vote" will be cast. They're tallying the national results here, state-by-state, updated weekly. So far, it seems that 7-Eleven coffee drinkers prefer Obama by a W ---- I ---- D ---- E margin! Who says these partisan coffee cups aren't a good, albeit unscientific, prediction? Check this out:
* In the 2000 7-Election, Bush's coffee cup outsold Gore's cup by only one percentage point.
* In 2004, the 7-Election results tracked identically with published national election results: 51% for W, and 49% for Kerry.

Hmmm. Perhaps we should hold the next presidential debate at a 7-11 store? {sarcasm}

And speaking of voting, be sure to check out the poll on my blog's sidebar. If you haven't already, please stop by and place your vote (and yes, it's confidential....I've been asked if I can see who cast which vote, and nope I can't! It's just a widget that I programmed in through my blogging software.) From the 30 votes cast thus far, the results interestingly mirror those of the national polls.....a dead heat! It's gonna be a fun election night!

No comments: