Wednesday, October 8, 2008

i've been tagged!

My cousin-in-law in Italy, Celita, has kindly included me in a fun get-to-know-you-better tag. So, here are 5 random things about me:

(1) When I was young, I wanted to be an airline pilot (apparently my love of travel started early on!).....Where In The World?.....but I decided that being away from my home/family/routine that much (especially for work) just wasn't my thing.

(2) One of my pet peeves is standing in a shower that doesn't drain well. Ick! Can I get some Drano in here please?

(3) The tallest building that I ever designed foundations for was 55 stories. I'm a licensed Professional Engineer (P.E.) in 2 states, Florida and Indiana. My specialty is Geotechnical Engineering, and I design and oversee the construction of foundations for various structures, mostly bridges and high-rise buildings.

(4) I daydream about buying a beach house. Oh, and decorating it too! Either an elegant Hawaiian Asian decor or a seaside/beachy theme, depending where it's located. Oh, to have the beach for a backyard. Ahhh....

(5) I've had a huge rock & mineral collection for most of my life (I love geology!). When I was a kid, I started a "rock club" with neighborhood friends (I was "President"). And I even started my own rock and mineral "magazine", and tried to sell "lifetime subscriptions" to my family. What a scam artist I was! {tee hee}

So now I'll tag my Creative Escape pal, Shannon, in Arizona. Have fun!

3 comments:

Momofboys said...

thanks for these "random facts" about ya...it's nice to get to know you better! and I'm with ya on the beach house...always a dream of mine too!!

Shannon said...

thanks for tagging me Susan...that was fun to do....I have passed it on.

esusan94 said...

It's neat to learn 5 new things about you.:)