Monday, October 20, 2008

Sal's Dad: Monday AM update

Hello everyone.....

Sadly, Pasquale is not doing well.

He is back on a ventilator, is running a fever, and has a severe case of pneumonia. We are hopeful that the antibiotics will help him recover from the pneumonia so that he may regain his strength. This all seems a bit sudden as we expected him to be leaving the ICU after the weekend.

P.S. ~ As many of you know, I was on my birthday getaway with Sal, and I appreciate your excitement and enthusiasm about it, but given the circumstances, I'll give details about it in a future post. We opted to cancel the remainder of the trip and return to St. Petersburg to be with Sal's family at the hospital on Sunday. We will also be here today, and later into the week, so I will post updates as often as possible.

5 comments:

esusan94 said...

Oh no, I'm so sad for Uncle Salvatore & the whole family. I just called my mom to tell her. We'll be praying and I'll keep checking the blog when I can.

esusan94 said...

Susan, please edit my note to say "Uncle Pat" instead of Salvatore. I was thinking of your husband my cousin and wrote the wrong name. If you can't edit but only delete you can do that and I'll post again later when I'm on computer. Thinking of everyone.

Momofboys said...

I'm so sorry to hear of the change in my uncle. We'll be praying, please keep us posted when you can. And thank you for posting this info.

Shannon said...

So sorry to hear this Susan...take care & {hugs}

daysease said...

First, Congrats on your fun time. What a blast! and, will let my MIL know about Your FIL. Send our love to all. We are prayingl... Love ya!